How do I get my things back after a lockout?
1. Check your lease. See if it states how long your landlord must keep your things after a lockout.
2. Ask the landlord to store your things for 30 days. It is best to send your request by text, email or letter within 10 days of the lockout.
3. Schedule a date to get your things within 30 days.
- Your landlord may:
- Give you one single day to get your things out.
- Move your things to another location.
- Charge you for the cost of a storage facility.
- Your landlord may not:
- Refuse to let you get your things.
- Charge you a fee or back rent to get your things.