Who owns the property?
- Visit property.phila.gov and type in your address to obtain information about property ownership.
- The information provided may not include recent property transfers.
Does the landlord have a rental license or code violations?
- Visit li.phila.gov and type in your address to obtain information about licenses and violations.
- Rental licenses will appear under “Licenses” as a “Housing Inspection License.” Click on each Housing Inspection License to see if the landlord has a current license.
- Code Violations will appear under “Violations.” Click on each case number to see the violations and whether they are marked complied.
- The information provided may not include recent licenses or violations.
Are there any other resources?
- Go to atlas.phila.gov for additional information about your rental property, including zoning changes and deed transfers.
- Go to the Office of the Philadelphia Sheriff to see if your property is scheduled for a Sheriff Sale.
- Go to the Philadelphia Municipal Court docket to search for complaints filed by the owner of your property or complaints filed against the owner of your property.