Where can I go for rent or security deposit assistance?

For Low Income Households

For Veterans

For Residents of Northwest Philadelphia

19118, 19119, 19126, 19138, 19144 & 19150

For Residents of Haddington or Cobbs Creek

52nd St to 67th St/Girard Ave to Baltimore Ave

For immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers

For Families with Children Involved in DHS

  • DHS Prevention Assistance Fund
    • Contact your social worker.

For Households with a Person Living with HIV

  • Direct Emergency Financial Assistance (DEFA) grant
  • AIDS Fund: All Walks of Life grant

What should I bring?

  • Photo ID for all household members age 18 and over.
  • Social Security cards and Birth Certificates for all household members.
  • Proof of Income
    • Pay stubs (for last thirty days)
    • Employment letter (hrs, pay date(s), wages/salary)
    • Award Letter from Social Security office
    • Any other documentation of income
  • Proof of Assets such as bank statements or inheritance award letters
  • Lease Agreement
  • Eviction Notice and/or Court Documents

What should I get from my landlord?

  • Rental License also called a Housing Inspection License.
  • W-9 signed by landlord
  • Letter with current rental balance signed and dated by landlord