Where can I go for rent or security deposit assistance?
For Low Income Households
- Philadelphia County Assistance Office
- 801 Market Street
- Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm
- Office of Homeless Services (OHS)
- 5252 North 13th Street
- Mon-Fri 8am-3:30pm
- Veterans Multi-Service Center
- 213-217 North 4th Street
- UESF Veterans Program
- 1608 Walnut Street, Suite 600
For Residents of Northwest Philadelphia
19118, 19119, 19126, 19138, 19144 & 19150
- Germantown Avenue Crisis Ministry
- 35 West Chelten Avenue
For Residents of Haddington or Cobbs Creek
52nd St to 67th St/Girard Ave to Baltimore Ave
- 21 South 61st Street
For immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
- 2100 Arch Street
For Families with Children Involved in DHS
- DHS Prevention Assistance Fund
- Contact your social worker.
For Households with a Person Living with HIV
- Direct Emergency Financial Assistance (DEFA) grant
- AIDS Fund: All Walks of Life grant
- Contact your case manager.
- If you do not have a case manager, call the AIDS Activities Coordinating Office (AACO) Hotline at 1-800-985-2437.
What should I bring?
- Photo ID for all household members age 18 and over.
- Social Security cards and Birth Certificates for all household members.
- Proof of Income
- Pay stubs (for last thirty days)
- Employment letter (hrs, pay date(s), wages/salary)
- Award Letter from Social Security office
- Any other documentation of income
- Proof of Assets such as bank statements or inheritance award letters
- Lease Agreement
- Eviction Notice and/or Court Documents